On October 13, 2018, there will be free legal assistance for child support issues. It is an arrest free zone. For more information visit here.
I have seen both sides of sexual assault allegations. I have represented persons defending allegations. I have held the hands of those that have been abused. Here are some considerations in this heightened for all persons that may help a person that may be victimized or a person that may be accused:
1) APPS TO RECORD. Get one of those handy apps to record (Awesome Voice Recorder Pro, Voice Recorder & Audio Editor by Tap Media Ltd., etc.)and put it on your home screen so it is easily accessible. If you find yourself in a situation, it may be helpful to record conversations or happenings -- if at all possible.
2) TELL SOMEONE. If you find yourself assaulted, no matter the shame, guilt, fear, or other appropriate response. Tell someone! No matter how counter-intuitive and challenging it is. Tell someone!
3) GET HELP. Find a therapist, counselor, pastor, or other professional that is qualified to help you through being assaulted or being accused. You will need support to address the aftermath of assa ...
Read the rest of entry »
Divorce is an emotional and challenging time. No one gets married planning for divorce. Yet, it is becoming more and more common. Although divorces are about so much more, from a legal perspective they are about care of the children and division of property. Here are five quick tips to consider that are often overlooked because a person is not legally entitled to these items:
1) TUITION. A custodial parent is entitled to child support and certain calculated percentages of uninsured medical expenses, but not tuition. Ask for it! It benefits your child and can make a huge difference. Whether college tuition and expenses, or private school tuition, it is a real expense that will need to be paid and planned for -- preferably in advance.
2) HEALTH INSURANCE. Although you are entitled to pay for continued health insurance coverages for anywhere from 18-36 months. Why not ask for your soon to be ex-spouse to pay your premiums for you for a transitional period?
3) PASSPORT & WRITTEN PERMISSION TO TR ...
If you have legal or faith questions, or perhaps another concern or question, feel free to contact me at:
Regina D. Jemison
500 Griswold, Suite 2410
Detroit, MI 48226